Yes, you still need garage door springs even if you have a garage door opener. Here’s why:
- Counterbalance: Garage door springs play a critical role in counterbalancing the weight of the door. Without the springs, the door would be incredibly heavy to lift, whether by hand or by the opener. The springs make it possible for both people and the opener to lift the door with minimal effort.
- Safety: If the garage door opener were to fail or if there was a power outage, you’d need to be able to open and close the door manually. Without springs, this would be extremely difficult due to the weight of the door. Additionally, a door without springs can come crashing down with significant force, which can be dangerous.
- Reduced Wear on the Opener: Without springs to counterbalance the door’s weight, the garage door opener would bear the full burden of lifting and lowering the door. This would significantly reduce the lifespan of the opener and could cause it to fail prematurely.
- Smooth Operation: Springs help in ensuring the smooth operation of the door as it goes up and down. They reduce the jerking motion that could otherwise occur without them.
There are different types of garage door springs, including torsion springs and extension springs. It’s essential to ensure they are correctly sized and installed for your specific door’s weight and size.
Over time, these springs can wear out and break. If that happens, it’s crucial to get them replaced promptly by a professional, as the tension held in these springs can make them dangerous to work with without the proper tools and training.
The bottom-line is this; the springs are one of the most important elements in the correct and safe operation of garage doors. If you have any issues with your garage door, and reside in the Greater Cincinnati area, give us a call at (513) 821-5095.
More Information About Garage Door Spring Repair & Replacement
- Torsion Spring Repair
- Extension Spring Repair
- EZ Set Torsion Spring Repair
- If I Lubricate My Garage Door Springs, Will They Last Longer?
- Do You Have Torsion Springs In Stock At Your Office?
- Can You Fix Wayne Dalton Torque Master Spring With The I-Drive?
- Our Garage Door Spring Broke Last Night And Overhead Can’t Visit Till Monday – Can You Help?
- Extension Spring Repair For Businesses & Commercial Properties in the Greater Cincinnati Area.
- Do We Repair Broken Garage Door Torsion Springs?
- Extension Spring Repair For Businesses
- Wayne Dalton TorqueMaster Torsion Spring Repair
- My Garage Door Spring Broke – Can You Repair it Today or Tomorrow At The Latest?
- Do You Have Any Specials For Torsion Springs For A 2 Car Garage?
- I Have A Garage Door With A Broken Spring. It’s A 2 Car Door With 2 Springs – What Is The Cost To Repair?
- Are Springs Part Of My Garage Door or Garage Door Opener?
- Can I Tell If The Garage Door Spring At My Home In Cincinnati Is About To Break?